Thursday, May 9, 2013

Never in my wildest dreams







Can you feel my pride through the screen?  Can you tell I'm welling up with tears as I write this?
  
On Wednesday Ava participated in her first ever Cross Country Meet as part of her school team.  Never ever in my wildest dreams did I think a child of mine would ever run cross country... to be totally honest I don't even run in the pouring rain!  I can't believe what courage and confidence it took for her to run in that race.  In my head she is a shy little babe who has such a hard time trying new things but she proved me totally wrong!  I was beaming with pride and cheering with all of my heart.  I'm sure I embarrassed her a million times over and it is very questionable as to whether she will be permitting me to attend next year.  I'm already thinking about making banners and perhaps even t-shirts!

2 comments: