Friday, May 11, 2012

keeping track for the keeping track challenged


I am always writing down the cute things that my kids say and the always take note of milestones met on the calendar.  I can never find the tiny scraps of paper I have written these cute words on nor can I ever find the milestones written somewhere on some calendar that I shoved who knows where.  I think I may have found a solution to this problem that will literally allow me to document milestones and cute events for the next 14 years!
Okay, I know this looks and sounds a bit crazy but I think it is really going to work.  
For each child I found an inexpensive recipe box and filled each one with 365 index cards, each card having 14 lines.  
I dated each card with month and day but NOT the  year .The years are going to be represented on each line on the card.   
My intention is to write a one-liner capturing an important event, milestone or cute saying for each day of the year on it’s corresponding card.   Since there are 14 lines on each card you will be able to use each card for 14 years.  
Are you confused?  Here is a sample.

At the end of 14 years I will have hopefully filled each card in the box.  I think it is going to be so much fun to go back through the box and remember all of the little details we had forgotten.    I only wish I had started this when they were babies, then I wouldn’t have to pretend I remember exactly when they took their first step or said their first word...oops!     

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a great idea! I like that it is manageable - limited to one line a day. I think I can make it work. Now to find a recipe box. If I'm lucky, I'll find one tomorrow at the thrift store. I'm going to share this with my friends!
    I hope you and the kids are doing well. S just turned 3. I can't quite believe it.

    ReplyDelete