Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sewing for fish

We have been doing a ton of swimming these last few weeks.....the weather has been so hot and humid I don't know how we would have coped without swimming.  Both kids love the water and Ava has gone from depending on water wings to snubbing them entirely.
I have loved spending  my nights sewing for both of my little fish.



Sun hats were tops on the list of course.  I used the same patterns as here with the necessary adjustments to size (I still made Anthony's too small) and interfacing and the kids seem to love them.  They are so quick and easy I don't mind when they get lost and left all over the place (well I guess I mind a little).

Next on the list was swimwear.  I was so inspired by Angry Chicken   when she created swimsuits for all 3 of her girls I thought I should give it a try for Ava.

I think it turned out pretty good.  I used a vintage Butterick pattern and some swimwear fabric from Fabricland.  It was relatively easy to construct but I must admit that my inside seams don't look very nice.  It was not a cheap endeavour (you could probably buy one at a fraction of the cost) but it was fun and I love the feeling of "beating the system" and making it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment