Sunday, May 5, 2013

We did it!


We did it!!! Aside from necessary weekly groceries, Ava's yoga class and a church donation we did not spend a cent this weekend. I am very very proud of us!  

This weekend we...

                             :: harvested a delicious bunch of chives growing in our backyard

 :: foraged for onion tops growing through our neighbours fence...oooh very adventurous

 :: babysat my niece Layla and measured everything in sight.  Anthony measured everything"4-8-9" and insisted that I write it down...EVERY TIME!

:: made our mark at the Green Cottage...one of the many stops on our Doors Open Hamilton 2013 tour

                                     :: received TWO FREE strawberry plants for our garden

 :: watched a salsa class taking place at the Worker's Arts and Heritage Centre.   It sounds like they have a ton of interesting classes there.  Steel drums here I come!

::  a local photographer taking some pics of the kids at Doors Open.  Having kids pose for pictures always has such random and awkward results.  

:: we spent a lot of time staring at this!  


                                            :: started top-secret mother's day projects

 :: ate a lot of parmesan popcorn. I'm not sure the daily recommended dose of such a treat but we far exceeded it Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

While there were some moments that I could have benefited from some major retail therapy or a portuguese custard tart this weekend on the whole I loved not buying anything.

I found that it made being out and about with the kids much less stressful.  I didn't have to argue about whether they could buy something or not.  The answer was always no and I found that they caught on very quickly.   We also enjoyed taking our time with each thing we did because we were not rushing to see what we were going to "get" next.  The pressure was OFF!

This week coming up is a busy one for us, one where I would usually need a take out meal to help me keep up.  I'm excited to start planning so we can get through it unscathed.

No comments:

Post a Comment