Tuesday, April 19, 2011

misión cumplida


Yay!!!! I have finally finished the patchwork scarf that I was making for a friend of Sri's...it turned out wonderfully if I do say so myself!   The inspiration for the scarf comes from this book by Denise Schmidt ( her quilts are amazing!!!!).  I love making these scarves because each time I start one I have a hard time believing that it is actually going to look good.  Slowly but surly it comes together and by the end of the process I am really impressed with myself.

Of course having a Barker Beauty such as this always helps show off a piece to its full potential!

Sri's friend had asked me to make this scarf in remembrance of her father who had recently passed away.  She brought me some of his shirts, ties and scarves and I got to work piecing them together.
I was thinking I might make a scarf like this out of some of the kids baby clothes and blankets that I can't seem to part with.

I am hoping to work on some more of these scarves and put them in the shop but as always if anyone is interested in the meantime please contact me via email for a custom order!

No comments:

Post a Comment