Tuesday, January 10, 2012

three!

It is so very hard for me to believe that three years ago today my little baby Anthony was born.  A little battered, a little blue (and then yellow) and a lot adorable.  
Now he has grown to be my little boy who keeps me constantly on my toes but also oh so busy laughing.
He loves all things sharp and dangerous in order to "preteck" the family.
He is the one who loves to be doted on by his sister and tries to copy her every move...yup 
nail polish included.
He LOVES animals but is totally petrified of them.
I love how curious he is and how he can get so caught up in his imagination... to watch him fighting off dragons is hilarious.
He is immune to time outs and laughs in the face of consequences

His talents include:
- not listening
- giving gentle but very sloppy kisses
- feeding the dog
- pretend karate moves
- finding long and pointy sticks no matter where he is
- being able to watch the same movie over and over and over again
- loving and then hating the SAME food at the SAME meal
- climbing UP slides
- swallowing gum

Anthony always seems to find a way to make you feel loved and appreciated.  I love his cuddles and his raspy little voice (especially when he is cuddly)
To have him in our lives is a privilege.  These last 3 years have been challenging but ones that I wouldn't trade for anything.  I am sad that his "baby" years are over but look forward to watching Anthony change and grow....hopefully not too fast!

We threw him his first of many 3rd year parties this past weekend complete with ruffled streamers, banners, custom birthday hats, unsuccessful balloon animals, photo props, tons of food, family and friends.  He can't wait for the next party...rather the next set of presents I suspect.




No comments:

Post a Comment