Sunday, November 20, 2011

why?

why is it that I bring my camera with me to most big events but NEVER take any pictures?  Is this a common affliction or am I the only one?  My sister had a big party to celebrate her marriage Saturday night (No, not a wedding) and I only took TWO pictures, and those were taken before the party even started.
pignolata
my sister's manicure in action
Although these two pictures clearly indicate a rockin' party I wish I had captured just a little bit more of the evening.  I really wish I had documented the number of movember 'stashes wandering around the house... the pride a man has in growing hair on his face is quite unbelievable to me!

On the positive side of things......
 My children looked completely adorbs and I in fact DID remember to snap some pics of them before going to the party.  Yes, I did finish the dress and it turned out to perfection!
Ava clearly fancies herself a model!
In case you are interested in recreating this look... I used this Butterick vintage pattern for the dress and this very easy tutorial for the t-shirt flower.  I am thinking of making a few of these dresses in size 6 and putting them up in my etsy shop... we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment