Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The one where I talked myself down


Monday was Ava's first official day in juniour kindergarten.  It rained horribly that day so we had to take our back to school pictures inside the house.  It turned into a photo shoot with Ava picking poses and demanding props.  I truly had to talk myself down that morning as I was thinking about how much she has grown and how much she will grow this year... and yes the tears were flowing.
last year

this year... oh my
proud of her Batman "packpack"


Of course the rain meant that she got to wear Auntie Andee's old raincoat which is over 20 years old (wow Andee doesn't that make you feel old???) 



When she got home from school Ava insisted that the teacher told them that they had to use their mom's computers to do their "housework".


2 comments:

  1. I didn't notice how much Ava has grown since last year until i looked at those pictures...she has changed to much! I love the "pack-pack"!

    Also, i love the purple raincoat... and yes, it does make me feel old, but only slightly. Did you know that i have your old yellow coat and i wear it out on rainy days. In fact, it is hanging on the coat hook in my office right now! The sleeves are "three quarter length", but i love it!

    ReplyDelete