I finally got a moss terrarium for Christmas this year and I promptly realized that I hadn't a clue. We have over-watered it, neglected it, strewn it with Playmobil figures, knocked it over and lord only knows what else. The other day we sat down for breakfast and out of the corner of my eye I spotted a mushroom growing through the moss. OH how we quickly took the lid off to examine it...touch it...smell it and I think I may have seen a certain little 3 year old LICK it. My husband made quick work of letting us know that we didn't know what kind of mushroom it was and BLAH BLAH BLAH so we should be very careful. THe mushroom has since been squished by little hands but I was able to get a couple of pictures of it.....for identification purposes of course. That is my mission for tonight. I also wonder if we are supposed to have mushrooms growing in our terrarium or am I doing something wrong (unheard of).